Sunday 9 December 2012

Sit back and smell the roses...eventually



I had a HUGE wedding cake to make for this weekend. I mean like 7-tiers huge. It was the biggest cake I've ever made and took the longest. Luckily it was a fruit cake so I did have some time to work on it - not having to worry about keeping it fresh.

The bride wanted roses on the cake and I suggested icing roses rather than silk roses..so guess who has been making rose after rose after rose for DAYS! In the end I think they did turn out really nicely though so it was all worth it. And I learned a new skill which was great, I really enjoyed making the flowers and I think I will do it more often for cakes now.

The bride was super happy with her cake so I was super happy too. It was a stressful/tiring week but well worth it at the end.






























(Photography note: Once again these photos are all taken at night. Usually with my cakes I take the photos in the morning before the cake gets delivered but because this cake was so big and was going to travel for 3 hours I wanted to pack it all up the night before so didn't have an option to do natural light photos)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...