Tuesday 17 January 2012

Travel Tuesday





I'm back!

From the trip of a lifetime I tell you. Wow, there are no words that can describe the amazing trip I was lucky enough to share with my sister and some fantastic new friends! 

It is great to be back home but I was very sad to leave Europe. There was just so much to see and do there and so many breathtakingly beautiful moments that I will try and share with you all, although I know that nothing is ever as amazing as when you see it in real life.

I will be doing a weekly post - Travel Tuesday - until I decide that I have sufficiently shared my experience with you. If I didn't limit it to a weekly thing then this blog would just get taken over by Europe.

Today we start with London, which is where we started our trip. We stayed in London for 3 days with a friend until we started our Contiki tour which departed London early on the morning of 23rd December 2011.





























Westminster Abbey is unbelievably beautiful, especially the Lady Chapel, wow! The roof is something out of this world. Unfortunately you can't take photos in Westminster so I don't have any originals.

My favourite was the Tate Modern Museum where we got to see some amazing paintings. Modern art is so beautiful. It really was a once in a lifetime experience to get to see so many amazing artists together. This was also the only museum where I was allowed to take pictures. The Tate is designed to be interactive with the viewers, which is really cool and lots of fun and super unmuseum-like.





























London was amazing but the trip really started once we left and started the actual Contiki...next week, Amsterdam!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...