Sunday 26 August 2012

Spring is about to explode!


I'm so excited for Spring/Summer this year. I've never really been a huge seasons persons, like I'm never the one saying...I hate winter, I wish it were summer already. But this year...I can't wait. I think its because of our house, last year we moved in during winter so when spring came around it was fun and all but it wasn't a huge event. This year I'm dying for the first new leaves to pop out! And I've decided it's because now I know what summer in this house has to offer. Last year we hadn't experienced a summer here but now that we have there is no turning back! The lazy days under the trees and in the pool just can't be beat, and I can't wait any longer!




This week it has been super hot for supposed end-of-winter. It was 27 C most days...that is hot. I was so unprepared for it as well...all my summer stuff was still packed away in the far corner of the cupboard. The weirdest part about this sudden heat wave is that three weeks ago it was SNOWING! Sorry didn't have my camera that day so no photos.

Colin and I have been super busy in the garden for the last month or so, trying to get everything cleared and ready for Spring. This weekend I was looking at the Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow bush (that I took pictures of here) and it looks like its literally about to explode with leaves, it's so exciting. We have been quite busy in the house too, our bedroom is almost finished and it's looking really great so I will share that with you as soon as I have enough time to take some photos. Every waking moment these days is being spent in the garden, but I'm sure it will all be worth it soon.






I can't say that gardening with two young playful dogs is always the best. We have had to re-plant a whole bunch of plants pretty much every day for a week because the dogs think it's fun to dig where mom and dad were digging, but hopefully they get over the novelty soon...hopefully. Luckily they are so cute that we can't stay cross with them for too long!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...