Thursday 9 August 2012

Obsessions

Yesterday was my birthday, yay for me. I love my birthday, and it's always a huge thing because the day after (today) is a public holiday so usually I end up having a whole long-weekend worth of birthday. This year though we are busy getting everything ready for our engagement party, which is next weekend so my birthday wasn't really anything big. We went to dinner last night with a whole bunch of friends and it was wonderful. I'm so grateful for the amazing people that I have in my life.

What it also means is that I've had my camera for a year now...and I still love every day with it. Last year this time it was glued to my face and I shot an entire memory card full of images. Lately I haven't been using it as much but I need to get back into the swing of it because I really do love taking photos.

As a birthday treat I thought I would share another obsession with you. Jars. I LOVE glass jars. I recently re-organised my bookshelf, that you saw here, and added a whole shelf of jars. They are such a beautiful storage mechanism because they become a display item at the same time.


I suppose it doesn't really help me that the Consol shop is literally over the road and I can buy boxes of jars for really cheap there. (Dunno if you noticed the increase in ribbons on my bookshelf as well - yup, can't help myself, and I even think there are more since I took this photo!)



I have so many jars of things in this house, our cereal is in jars, some of my baking ingredients and even my cupcake cases. That is probably my favourite jar because its the perfect storage place for all those cases - I tend to compulsively buy those as well so I have millions of them (also more since the pic was taken).





















































Have a good day all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...