Friday 4 November 2011

I'm thankful for...Friday



I had a bit of a mini a-ha moment this week.

I bought this really nice set of pens while I was shopping for my santa shoebox and as I was standing there in the stationery aisle I was thinking about school days when you bought a whole set of new stationery at the beginning of the year. Wow did I love that! Stationery is one of my favourite things in the world, I love it so much. New stationery particularly, but stationery in general is something I could buy every single day and never get tired of it (I could dream of buying it every day at least, I don't have a money tree).

I thought, I actually haven't bought stationery in ages, and maybe I'm not so obsessed with it anymore. When suddenly I realised...my stationery has just grown up with me. Now I buy Moleskines and beautiful paper and ribbons, tons and tons of ribbons (I'm totally classifying ribbons as stationery here). I also spend a lot of time designing and making stationery, custom stationery - that's like the utopia of stationery! Wedding invitations and menu's, letterheads and business cards, notepads and books. I'm completely surrounded by it, and it's amazing!




























Yes...that is a pencil case made completely out of a very long zip! :)

I am so thankful that I have a job that I love and that I studied a degree that completely satisfies my creative urges. You see, I was going to study Accounting, but luckily I changed my mind and I have awesome parents who were totally fine with sending their child off to study some arty-farty course just because she loved it.

So thanks Mom and Dad, and thanks Staedtler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...