Thursday 6 February 2014

Home office

I have been wanting to do a house update for AGES, because we have done quite a bit to the house over the almost 3 years since we moved in. Whenever I think about photographing the entire house I cringe a little inside because that means I need to style the house so that it all looks as great as all those other pretty houses I'm forever drooling over all over the web.

Today I decided enough is enough and I'm just shooting the house the way it is pretty much every day. Our house isn't a beautifully styled house, it is a lived in house. We live in it every day and so here it is...well one part of it anyway. The office space.



This area of the house was an office (my desk) dining room space originally but we have changed it into a double office, so that both Colin and I can work at our desks at the same time. Colin started working at the dining room table on his laptop but then he bought a second screen which stays on the table and so I decided just to convert the never-used dining table into a full on office desk.

We are hoping to enclose the patio area soon and that will then become the dining room. In summer we eat out there all the time anyway so for now it's perfect.





I turned my desk around so that I face the room instead of the wall. When you think about it it's rather silly to stare straight into a wall while you work. This view is much better.



This space is one of my favourite spaces we've redone because before it was just a non-space as you walked through the door. Now it's the hat and bag area, not that we EVER wear hats, but I wanted to put our bashers up somewhere because I thought it's pretty cool that we both went to school where we wore bashers. A word of advice to anyone moving into a new place you plan to redo...take photos of the non-spaces. I don't have a single before photo of this area because who takes a photo of nothing...well YOU should.

The office evolution 2011 - 2014 (top - immediately after we moved in; middle - me staring at the wall and Colin working on the dining room table; bottom - now)


I still want to get a nice blind for the window and change my bookshelf and maybe my desk, so there will definitely be another update, but for now...we are happy with it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...