Tuesday 5 February 2013

Be present...

When I went to Europe last year (or the year before actually) someone told me, or I read somewhere, that you need to remember where you are. When my best friend went to Europe last year I gave her the same advice - you will be tired and annoyed and just want to sleep at some point, but when you get there just stop and remember where you are - whether it is Italy or Paris or London, remember that you are somewhere you might never be again and somewhere you have dreamed of being for years.

Yesterday I kind of had to tell myself the same thing. Cuz sometimes we forget where we are every day. I was washing the dishing and feeling annoyed about it cuz my sister was living with us for the last month and has been doing all the cleaning (thanks Lindy) and now she's moved out again so its back to being my job again. I looked up out the window above the sink and this amazing sunset was splashed across the sky.

































































It made me remember to sometimes stop and remember where I am. In this amazing place where sunsets like this, happen on a Monday evening while you washing the dishes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...