Tuesday 28 February 2012


And photograph it...before it looks like this.

Ok so here's the deal. I make cakes for people and I get all excited about how great they will look and how nice I'm going to style my pictures so that they will look AMAZING on my blog. But then I spend DAYS making the cake and by the time it's finished it's 1 o'clock in the morning and dark and not good light for photos and then the next morning I just want to get the cake safely delivered to whoever needs it for whatever grand occasion they might be celebrating.

So my cake photos tend to not be quite as great as I would like them too. For instance...I made a Transformers cake a week ago, as well as a couple of batches of cupcakes...that were really cool. But I have maybe one or two pictures on my phone, just so that I have a record that I actually made them somewhere.




This cake, I made for a collegue at work, which means I was able to photograph it, but only after everyone had devoured most of it.

Anyway, it was my first layer cake and I was pretty pleased about it, definitely going to be doing more of those in the future. I have to do a Barbie and Thomas the Tank Engine cakes soon, I will try do better in the photography department on those.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...