Thursday 8 September 2011

Peace of Paradise

We bought a house.

You might have picked up on this from a previous post, but if you haven't then I'm just putting it out there again.

We bought our first home together about 2 months ago. It's been great so far and we are loving every moment. I'm hoping to do lots of before/after posts of how I transform our space into a beautiful, happy home...but you might need to wait a whiiiiiiiile for those. At the moment we are still trying to get all the boxes out of the lounge and find our feet amongst tons of new bills and responsibilities.

Last night I tried to suggest some deco ideas to Colin and he flat out hated them...we are having a bit of a clash in tastes (I think he thinks I'm mental and have NO taste what-so-ever), so we are back to just unpacking boxes and will slowly get to the decorating part of the whole moving business. We also need to find a magical money tree if we ever actually want to do anything.

I've been looking at this blog a lot - The Brick House.


It's beautiful. It's amazingly written. It's so inspiring. She makes me want to buy things and move stuff around and make my house look like hers. I mean look at it!


The problem with me spending hours dreaming about a house that looks like this is that I actually don't like a lot of the stuff she has, like if you had to place individual items from her house in front of me I would say NO WAY, but somehow it just looks so incredible in her house that I want it! I need to broaden my inspiration search a bit before I start buying pieces of furniture that will never work in my home.

For the moment though, I'm painting our bedroom wall black...or VERY dark grey at least. I bought these two cushions in anticipation.



Ignore that mark where we took a random mirror off the wall, it will disappear when we paint and put the new headboard up.


This is my dream colour swatch I keep in my purse in case I have the urge/guts to actually buy the paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...