Monday 23 May 2011

Pepperplate

I recently won an iPad and have found an app that I really like, it's called Pepperplate and works in conjunction with this website www.pepperplate.com. It is a free app available in iTunes and it basically allows you to keep all your recipes on your mobile device/iPad. You simply create an account on the site and then add your recipes onto your account and then they sync to your phone/iPad. It is also affiliated with some recipe websites like www.allrecipes.com and this makes adding recipes REALLY easy.

I just love the way it works and the look of it. I haven't explored all the features yet but they look very promising. I like the idea of having my recipes on me at all times as I often find myself saying "ooh I have a great recipe for that, I'll write it down for you sometime" and then I never do.

It allows you to place recipes into different categories which is always needed. My great grandmother used to categorise her recipes in the strangest ways, like - things you would have for tea, Sunday lunch, and special occasions - rather than meat, cakes and biscuits. It is always very difficult to find something in her book (all handwritten obviously), but also interesting to see what she considered 'special occasion' meals. Pepperplate does allow you to create meals using certain recipes on your account as well as add recipes to the planner so that you can plan your meals for the week etc.

The idea that my recipes are available to me online even when I don't have my iPad or recipe book with me is also great.

It is also easier reading the recipes off the screen rather than a book that keeps flipping closed - providing you don't mind bringing your iPad into the kitchen. I still need to get a cover for mine so there might not be any intense baking happening around the iPad just yet!

Happy baking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...