Monday 20 February 2012

The year of camping



This year Colin and I decided that we would like to do some more camping holidays. Last year we kinda accidentally ended up camping one weekend and actually quite enjoyed it so we are going to try it more often. Don't get me wrong...camping is a small dose activity. The first December holiday Colin and I spent together we were in Mozambique for 2 weeks, camping, in the middle of summer. It wasn't pleasant. Eventually I just ignored the fact that I was constantly hot, sticky and sweaty and that the sea was basically a sticky luke-warm bath. It was a fun holiday in the end, but for now I'm good with 1, 2 or maybe 3 day trips.




This weekend we went to Bronkhorstspruit dam with some friends for a boating/camping weekend. It was great, until our neighbour campers came over and yelled at us for being noisy - that wasn't so great, but we all had a good weekend in the end and once again, I really enjoyed the short camping experience.







 It rained in the night but it wasn't heavy rain so it was actually quite nice in the morning, we didn't wake up at dawn's crack to an instant hot sweaty day. Our tent did have a small leak though which will have to be addressed.


I did find a couple of things I need to put on our to-buy-for-camping-weekends list, like mugs - drinking coffee out of plastic champagne glasses is not ideal, but it does work, and new camping mattresses is also going on that list, 20-year old hand-me-down ones aren't that comfortable anymore.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...