Monday 30 January 2012

Little yellow duckies



As I mentioned in my last 'Thankful for Friday' post, we went to visit my family down in Natal this past weekend. It was my Granny's birthday so I made a cake for her. She loved it which I'm very glad about. Everyone else loved it too...they ate the entire cake and 32 red-velvet cupcakes!

The Flake bench and the little ducks were hot favourites among the kids, they lasted about 5 seconds before they got pulled off and eaten, but I was able to grab a few quick pics.









































I was just happy that the cake survived the 6 hour car trip to get there.

The cake was basic vanilla sponge with Cranberries in and the icing was a lemon butter icing. The funniest part was that everyone was genuinely surprised that the cake tasted good too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...