Monday 30 January 2012

Home-made basil burgers



I love home made burgers! They are sooooo good, and I always feel ok eating a home-made burger, like its not that bad for you cuz it's not technically fast food. The other night they made burgers on Masterchef and I had already been craving home-made burgers so that did it - burgers coming right up. And these were not just any burgers, these are basil burgers. We have a veggie garden that is doing pretty well at the moment and I have a basil plant in there. It makes me want to have basil everything! Basil scrambled eggs, basil mash, basil roast potatoe, basil macoroni and cheese, basil burgers, it's just so good I can't get enough of it at the moment.





I tend to have cravings for certain foods for a month or so and then it will wear off a bit and I'll move onto something else. A while I go I was on a chickpea craving, hummus, falafels, falafels with hummus, chickpeas in salad, falafels in salad, hummus on toast...it was good, but its over - for now and now I've moved onto basil, so we will see how long this one lasts.


















































Most of the things in our veggie garden are green at the moment, and will stay green, but some things will hopefully have some colour soon and then we can produce an entire salad straight out of our own garden.





























If you have never eaten fresh veggies from your own garden you should try and do it one day, there really is nothing quiet like it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...