Wednesday 25 January 2012

Devastation

A while ago Colin went away for the weekend and I had a girls evening planned so we had to leave the dogs at home alone for one night. Usually they sleep inside in the kitchen but I couldn't leave them inside because I wasn't sure what time I would get back the next morning. So I left them in the courtyard. Knowing Troy's destructive tendencies I made sure that there weren't any things lying around that he could possibly destroy, and then I left.

I got back the next morning to this.

 And to these two looking rather pleased with themselves.


















































At least they had fun while we were away. It was so bad that I could only laugh.

Lately our house has been a war-zone. We've been having such bad lightning storms and we keep getting struck. In the last two weeks we've replaced the modem, geyser, and dstv dish. The gate motor stopped working yesterday as well as the oven light, extractor fan light, two outside security lights, the swimming pool light and a light in the lounge. Last night the telephone got struck by lightning as well, so again, we don't have internet. The worst part about it all is that it's lightning, so we can't do anything about it, we just have to keep replacing stuff.

Hopefully this is a phase and hopefully it's over, I'm sure we have enough sets of three in there to be done with this. Or our house is just trying to show us what owning a house really means.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...